New Delhi: The UIDAI issues all Indian citizens with an Aadhaar number, which is a 12-digit identification number. You must have your Aadhaar with you at all times as it has become the most important document for obtaining any kind of financial services. You can get Aadhaar online by registering on the UIDAI mAadhaar app to avoid losing your Aadhaar.
Anyone in India with a smartphone can download and use the mAadhaar app. Residents without a mobile number registered in Aadhaar will only be able to use a few services, such as Locate Registration Center, Verify Aadhaar and Scan QR Code.
A registered mobile number is required for all other Aadhaar services, including Aadhaar profile services listed under My Aadhaar.
“Update your demographic information such as name (only minor changes allowed, twice), gender (once), date of birth (once) and address (no limit) online via #mAadhaarApp “, according to a recent tweet from UIDAI.
According to the tweet, any demographic update would cost Rs 50 per request, and multiple pieces of information can be changed at once.
mAadhaar app can be used anytime and anywhere in India. The mAadhaar card is more than a wallet card. On the one hand, airlines and railways accept the mAadhaar profile as proof of identity, and residents can use the features of the app to share their eKYC or QR code with service providers who require identification. Aadhaar before providing Aadhaar services.
Here are the main features and benefits of the maadhaar app, according to the UIDAI website.
mAadhaar is more than just a wallet card. The resident can get the following benefits by using the mAadhaar app:
- Aadhaar can be obtained by downloading or retrieving a lost or forgotten Aadhaar number.
- View/view Aadhaar offline, especially when residents are required to produce ID proof.
- Update your Aadhaar address with or without document.
- Store/manage Aadhaar cards of all family members (up to five) in one mobile.
- Provide service providers with a paperless eKYC or QR code.
- Aadhaar can be secured by locking it or using biometrics.
- Create or retrieve a VID which can be used instead of an Aadhaar number to access Aadhaar services (for those who have locked their Aadhaar or do not wish to share their Aadhaar).
- Offline Aadhaar SMS services are available.
- Residents can check the status of their service request in the app after signing up for Aadhaar, purchase reprints or edit their Aadhaar data.
- Help people who do not have access to a smartphone to use common services to access Aadhaar services.
- Get history of updates and authentication records.
- To visit Aadhaar Seva Kendra, make an appointment.
- After a successful update request, the Aadhaar Sync feature allows residents to retrieve updated data in their Aadhaar profile.
- To use Aadhaar online services of UIDAI website, you can use time-based one-time password instead of SMS-based OTP.
- The Locate Enrollment Center (EC) feature helps users locate the nearest enrollment center.
- Along with helpful FAQs and a link to the chatbot, the More section also has links to vital documents, such as Aadhaar registration and update/correction forms, which residents can download.